Save the Date February 13, 2011

We just ordered our first wedding expense, the “Save the Date” cards we’ll be mailing out to people. I worked on the design for a few weeks before finalizing on the cards. They’re based on an initial design by Julie’s sister, Nancy.

I just took the design and drew it digitally using Pixelmator. It was a bit tough as Pixelmator is not quite a drawing program, its more for photo editing. However, I learned some tricks to create our wedding avatars. Perhaps later I’ll write a post on how to do various things in Pixelmator.

We ordered the cards from Vistaprint. We managed to get a great deal from them. Unfortunately, we can’t really preview the cards, so hopefully they turn out well. But anyways, it didn’t cost too much so we can always have them reprinted.